A long time ago in a high school far, far away…

A group of us, friends all, planned and plotted the production of a major motion picture. We were high school juniors and we had high hopes for lives of destined greatness.

The plan - we would travel to the big city, Chicago, some seventy-five miles to the east. Once there we would inhale the magic of that toddlin’ town and film a series of stunning scenes that would flow from our collective imaginations like fine Champaign poured slowly over a naked woman.
And everything captured for posterity on Super 8 MM. It would rival a magical mystery without the Fabs and a zillion dollar budget.

In pre-production I took charge of film procurement. With the assurances from the other three that my expenses would certainly be reimbursed on a later date, I headed to the local convenience store for film.

As it happened, on an appropriate Saturday afternoon, the other three loaded up a VW Beetle (circa 1969 version) and trekked to Chi-Town, movie camera and film onboard. A wondrous time was had by all…except me. My boss refused to let me have Saturday off. Apparently oblivious to the future brilliance of our art he demanded that I remain behind watering plants in the
greenhouse where I worked.

The genius raw footage, unedited, was displayed for the masses (the entire class body) in the school library under the tutelage of (I think) an English teacher.

Price of admission – one thin dime.

Considering that we film makers had neither an accounting department, nor a desire to run a business, ticket sale figures remain murky even to this day. Suffice to say that the afore promised restitution for the film purchase never materialized.

They stiffed me on the cost of the Super 8. And the price of those twin film reels I bought, with my own meager funds, so long
ago…$10.08.

And $10.08 begat the PJ 1008 Film Company. Somewhere down the line the reasoning behind the PJ part was lost, words took precedence over film, and everything morphed into 1008 Productions.

That’s my story. My very first major motion picture and I wasn’t even there.

- Chester

Comments

06/06/2014 2:55am

I simply could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard info a person provide for your guests? Is gonna be back steadily to check out new posts

11/09/2015 11:27pm

In observation with intervention, researcher intervenes during research by any mean. There are many reasons of this intervention. Sometimes researcher do this because he wants to become a cause of a specific event or it may be possible that he wants to take control of a situation.

10/10/2016 1:55am

I like this site and article as well

10/10/2016 2:02am

Do you want to balckmart then visit here

10/21/2016 2:37am

Lover is the very reason, very hope and very dream we have. It is always a pleasure to fall in love with the same person time and again. It is bliss to be fated to someone whom we love and adore a lot. Just open your heart and follow where it leads you to. Lover brightens the life and adds color to our live. They are the beginning and ending of love.

11/18/2016 10:21pm

I like the work you do so thumbs up

11/23/2016 10:19am

It's a pretty interesting story. Now I know why your productions is called like that.

01/28/2017 2:08am

We at hackrelation, have a deep understanding of relationships, and human connections. Life is nothing great without the right people beside us, and thus we strive to help people build better relationships with the ones they will be spending the rest of their lives.

In a far away galaxy... yes. You are starting like a tale)

Really Interesting article thank you for sharing such an great post with us. I have also subscribed you to get more such articles in future. Waiting for some more awesome posts.

If you are fed up of writing research papers and need some rest don't worry just try out service where you can get best class of writers who will help you to score more than your expectations.

03/02/2017 8:08pm

Bigo live is a division under Bigo app wherein people broadcast various things like messages, videos, songs, cooking skills, and tutorials

05/15/2017 11:47pm

Welcome to Official Site Track Ups Couriers & Parcels By Entering the Ups tracking number Track Ups Global Mail Tracking

06/23/2017 9:00am

Gmail record is a free email account advantage which is given by none other than Google.

06/23/2017 9:01am

Gmail is a champion among the most extensively used email-based web advantage which has more than 1 billion dynamic customers around the globe.